La Vida Del Verano (The Summer Life)
Even in the dog days of summer, life in the Coachella Valley keeps right on going…it just moves indoors! Some of the year’s best entertainment is available in the Valley’s local casinos. The area’s top casino resorts are Fantasy Springs Casino Resort and Spa, in Indio, Agua Caliente, in Rancho Mirage, Morongo in Cabazon, and Spotlight 29, in Coachella.
Top acts from around the country make their way here in summer, and with crowds a little thinner than during high season, you can get good deals on prices and seats.
Casino acts, schedules and box office links are below.
Long Days, Afternoon Siestas, Cool Summer Nights!
Summers are for Friends, Tapas, Margaritas, and Sizzling Entertainment
Desert dwellers learned long ago, that more gets done in one day of summer, than at any other time of year. That’s cause days start very early (to beat the heat), and after a short siesta, linger long into the cooler evenings. That leaves more hours for laughing, dancing, listening to your favorite bands, and clinking glasses with close friends.
Top Restaurants Offer Great Deals on Summer Meals
Now is the time to try out the areas’ top trendy restaurants. To lure in the locals and heat-loving tourists, restaurants like AC3 in the Hotel Paseo, Palm Desert, The Cliff House, La Quinta, and so many more, offer up special summer menus at very reasonable prices. The best place to check them out and make a reservation at the same time is Open Table.
Fourth of July, Celebrating Liberty the Old-Fashioned Way
The Fourth is a celebration of independence, and a tribute to those that have sacrifice all, to preserve our freedom. Liberty is hard fought and hard won. Celebrating with fireworks, family, and community helps to remind us of that.
July 3, Fantasy Springs Resort Casino Fireworks, Indio
FREE, 8:45 p.m. Eagle Falls Golf Course, next to Fantasy Springs Resort Casino, 84-245 Indio Springs Pkwy. Fireworks display in honor of Independence Day. Bring blankets and low-back folding chairs. Gather early around the Eagle Falls Golf Course Pro Shop and in the surrounding lot. Park on the gravel lot closest to the pro shop (follow signs to Eagle Falls), and in parking garage and property’s north and west lots. Info: 800-827-2946 or fantasyspringsresort.com
July 4, City of Palm Desert and Indian Wells
FREE 2:00-9:20 p.m. @ City of Palm Desert Civic Center Park, 43900 San Pablo Ave. (Fred Waring Dr. and San Pablo Ave). Picnic, volleyball, fireworks, music. Parking: Allowed till 6 p.m., with access on Fred Waring Drive. Barbecue food, beverage vendors. No golf carts on July 4. Dog park closed. 7:30 p.m.: National Anthem, U.S. Marine Corps color guard; 7:45-9:30p.m.: Swing Cats Big Band; 9 to 9:20 p.m.: Fireworks display. Shuttle: Free, air-conditioned shuttle service from The Gardens on El Paseo, from 6-10pm. Info: 760-568-1441; www.cityofpalmdesert.org
July 4, Agua Caliente Casino Rancho Mirage Fireworks
FREE, 9 p.m. @ Agua Caliente Resort Spa and Casino, 32-250 Bob Hope Dr., Park and view the fireworks from the south lot of the casino. Lawn chairs and blankets are welcome. Information: 888-999-1995 or AguaCalienteCasinos.com
Coachella Valley Entertainment July and August 2019
- PALM SPRINGS VILLAGEFEST/Thu. 30, 6:00 PM – 10 PM; July 4, 11, 18, 25, 7 PM -10 PM, FREE ADMISSION. Downtown Palm Springs, 101 S. Palm Canyon. Check out the downtown businesses with BOLT (Businesses Open Late Thursday) signs in their window. Villagefest offers great street entertainment in the heart of beautiful downtown Palm Springs. Browse more than 200 booths. www.villagefest.org
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT STREET FAIR, EVERY SAT. & SUN. 7 AM- NOON. 43500 Monterey Avenue, Palm Desert. Merchandise and services for all ages and any budget, the Street Fair offers more than 300 merchants, artists, Farmer’s Market, entertainment, food, and more. 760-636-7957. www.codaastreetfair.com
- JOHN STANLEY KINGS SHOW/Every Fri. at VICKY’S OF SANTA FE, 8PM – 11:59 PM; 45100 Club Dr., Indian Wells. The Music Lounge at Vicky’s is flanked by dual fireplaces and centered with a 9-foot concert grand piano and built-in dance floor. Food and Cocktail Service at all times. No reservations. Open seating. No covers. The John Stanley King Show! Every Fri | 8 PM to Midnight |No Cover. Kick it up on the floor or just listen in to good music. www.Vickysofsantafe.com
Agua Caliente Casino
- Harout Balyan | 6
- Hotel California: Eagles Tribute (18+ Event) | 13
- Ultimate E.L.O. Experience |19
- The Ultimate Queen Celebration |27- SOLD OUT
- Styx | 2
- Comedian Sebastian Maniscalco| 16
- Steely Dan | 21
- Hunks The Show! The Ultimate Ladies Night| 28
- Ronald Cheng | 29
Fantasy Springs Casino
- Don McClean | 13
- Jethro Tull—50TH Anniversary| 15
- Golden Boy Boxing | 18
- Gerardo Ortiz | 27
- Howie Mandel | 3
- Mary J. Blige | 10
- Lance Burton | 17
- Boz Scaggs | 23
- Kenny Bee | 24
- Lee Greenwood | 6
- Los Lonely Boys | 12
- Tigran Asatryan | 19
- Jung Hoonhee | 21
- Gipsy Kings |1
- Kenny ‘Babyface’ Edmonds| 8
- Dane Cook | 9
- OPM Hitmakers | 25
Spotlight 29 Casino
- La Septima Banda | 13
- Spanish Comedy Slam in Coachella | 20
- 70’s Soul Jam in CoachElla | 27
- VIP Experience w/Lance Bass |3
- Pop 2000 Featuring Lance Bass |3
- U B40 (21+) |31