Get The Party Started!
“I’m comin’ up so you better you better get this party started”… by Pink
Check out Pink’s most recent tour @ PinkOfficialWebsite
If ever there was a theme song written to describe the Coachella Valley starting this time of year, it would be Pink’s, Get The Party Started
From now through April 2019 the entertainment meter in the Valley will tack well into the red, as hundreds of thousands of snowbirds and visitors roll into town for the start of the largest, longest, most diverse, and exciting party anywhere in the world.
Beginning now, the Coachella Valley will rock every day with fabulous parties; world-class golf, polo, pickleball, tennis, and equestrian hunter-jumper tournaments; movie, art and music festivals, all on a scale too big to capture all at once.
Donna’s Coachella Valley Entertainment Guide
This monthly guide offers you a glimpse of some of the hottest venues, tickets and happenings in the entire Palm Springs Desert and, in the local cities of La Quinta, Indio, Indian Wells, and Palm Desert.
To make the most of your time, create a personal event schedule and book early to get the best seats! Embedded hot links in the events below will take you direct to their websites.
No Better Place to Retire or Vacation!
As a resident of the city of La Quinta I am proud to provide this guide to help local residents and visitors so they can make the most of their time here.
Also an experienced REALTOR, I help people buy and sell the exceptional real estate properties of the desert’s cities, and the 55+ communities of Trilogy at La Quinta, Trilogy Polo Club, and Del Webb’s Sun City. When you are ready to buy or sell a home, give me a call! 760-289-4276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you don’t remember, here is Pink’s Get this Party Started!
NOVEMBER ENTERTAINMENT SCHEDULE
CITY OF LA QUINTA
- SUNSET HOURS AT SILVEROCK, NOV 10, 4 PM – 8 PM, FREE ADMISSION; 79179 Ahmanaon Lane, La Quinta. Enjoy an evening of Italian cocktails, small bites, games, live music, and astonishing fire performances. http://www.silverrock.org/silverrock-grill
- BREW IN LA QUINTA CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL, NOV. 17, 5 PM – 9 PM (last call 8:45 PM); La Quinta Civic Center Campus, 78-495 Calle Tampico. Taste concoctions from local and regional breweries and eats from area restaurants. playinlaquinta.com/brew-in-lq
- THE SUNDAY CERTIFIED FARMERS MARKET, EVERY SUNDAY, 8 AM – 12:30 PM, NOV. 11, 18, 25. Old Town La Quinta. Fresh produce, herbs, honey, nuts, cheese, fresh-cut flower bouquets, organic meat, fresh baked breads, olive oils, chef demonstrations, knife sharpening, live music.
- VETERANS DAY EVENT, NOV. 11, 9AM – 10:30AMLa Quinta Civic Center Campus, 78-495, Calle Tampico. The Veteran Recognition Program collects, preserves, and recognizes the sacrifice and valiant efforts of American War Veterans by engraving their name, rank, and years of service onto the Veterans Acknowledgement Sculpture in the Civic Center Campus. Join the City of La Quinta as we recognize and thank the Veterans who have sacrificed so much.
- ART ON MAIN, OLD TOWN LA QUINTA, NOV. 10 & 24, 10 AM – 4 PM. Art on Main Street features over 100 artists each season showing and selling their paintings, jewelry, mixed media, photography, ceramics, glass, woodwork, textiles, sculptures and more. The shows are a local favorite and an Old Town tradition. They are set amidst Main Street’s charming cafes and boutiques. Barry Minniefield from The Voice performs live at every show this season.
AROUND THE VALLEY
- NATIONAL SUNSHINE SERIES – HITS HUNTER-JUMPER SHOW, OCT 31-NOV 11, AON HITS Desert Horse Park, 85-555 Airport Boulevard, Thermal. Experience eight weeks of the National Sunshine Series I and II and USEF premier-rated hunters and jumpers with prizes of almost $3 million at the best Southern California show grounds. http://www.hitsshows.com/national-sunshine-series/national-sunshine-series-510.
- MURDER ON THE NILE, NOV. 2–18. The Agatha Christie whodunit at Indio Performing Arts Center whisks viewers aboard a luxury steamer where a newlywed bride is discovered dead. Put on your thinking cap to figure out the culprit. dtworks.org.
- ANNIVERSARY & AIRCRAFT UNVEILING, NOV. 10. Palm Springs Air Museum celebrates its 22nd anniversary with an afternoon of flight exhibitions, wartime re-enactors, and birthday cake and also reveals a Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star that has recently returned to air. Palm Springs Air Museum
- NIGHT SKY FESTIVAL, NOV. 10. Take in the beauty of a clear desert night sky at Sky’s the Limit Observatory & Nature Center, adjacent to the north entrance of Joshua Tree National Park. This all-day event begins with nature walks and astronomy presentations and culminates with a stargazing party for adults and kids and an add-on astrophotography workshop. Advanced ticketing is required. jtnparts.org/night-sky-festival.
- PALM SPRINGS VETERANS DAY PARADE, NOV. 11. This hour-long downtown parade along Palm Canyon Drive kicks off at Ramon Road and ends at Amado Road with a grand fireworks finale and patriotic concert in honor of our veterans. palmspringsca.gov.
- PROPS & HOPS CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL, NOV. 17.Craft beer and historic aircraft are a winning combo at this annual beer fest, where attendees can sample suds from more than 25 craft breweries and also sign up to ride in vintage military planes. Take your pick from the P-51 Mustang, C-47 Skytrain, and B-25 Executive Sweet, all of which served in combat. Plus: food trucks (including In-N-Out Burger!) and music. It’s all happening at the Palm Springs Air Museum. palmspringspropsandhopsfestival.com.
- A MIRACLE ON EL PASEO, NOV. 17. Billed as “the most festive party of the year,” this annual holiday soirée takes over the west end of Palm Desert’s ritzy El Paseo shopping boulevard with a five-story Ferris wheel, 200-foot zipline, a roller-skating rink, and carnival games. An average 2,500 attend, and the event benefits local cancer-fighting nonprofit Bighorn Bam. bighornbam.net.
- AMERICA-RUSSIA RELATIONS: EVOLVING OR DISSOLVING? NOV. 18. As part of its annual speaker series, the World Affairs Council of the Desert presents Jonathan Adelman, a professor at the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at University of Denver, in a discussion of global affairs over dinner at Thunderbird Country Club. worldaffairsdesert.org.
- EL PASEO AT THE 12TH ANNUAL RACE BENEFITING MARTHA’S VILLAGE & KITCHEN, a provider of homeless services. Wear your best turkey hat and racing tutu. marthasvillage5k.org.
- THE LIVING DESERT ZOO AND GARDENS WILDLIGHTS, NOV. 23–DEC.24. Nearly a million twinkling lights deck The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens for the holiday season. Stroll the string-lit pathways, ride a camel, and check out the model trains with more than 3,300 feet of specially decorated track. livingdesert.org.
- GROOVES AT THE WESTIN, NOV. 24. Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa in Rancho Mirage. Now in its eighth season at the four-star the Grooves outdoor concert series blends the best of smooth jazz, pop, and rhythm and blues. Sway beneath the stars as Special EFX All-Stars takes the stage over Thanksgiving weekend. groovesatthewestin.com.
- CHRISTMAS WITH THE CRAWFORDS, NOV. 30–DEC. 23. In this holiday production at The Desert Rose Playhouse in Rancho Mirage, we fade in on Christmas Eve at Joan Crawford’s Brentwood mansion, just as she is about to receive a houseful of unwelcome celebrity guests including Judy Garland, Katharine Hepburn, and Ethel Merman. Festive musical madness ensues. desertroseplayhouse.org.
- PALM SPRINGS VILLAGEFEST EVERY THURSDAY @ 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM, FREE ADMISSION. Downtown Palm Springs, 101 S. Palm CANYON Check out the downtown businesses with BOLT (Businesses Open Late Thursday) signs in their window. Villagefest offers great street entertainment in the heart of beautiful downtown Palm Springs. Browse more than 200 booths offering…www.villagefest.org.
- COLLEGE OF THE DESERT STREET FAIR, EVERY SAT. & SUN. 7 AM- NOON. 43500 MONTEREY AVENUE, PALM DESERT. Merchandise and services for all ages and any budget, the Street Fair offers more than 300 merchants, artists, Farmer’s Market, entertainment, food, and more. 760-636-7957; www.codaastreetfair.com.
- JOHN STANLEY KINGS SHOW, EVERY FRIDAY AT VICKY’S OF SANTA FE @ 8:00 PM – 11:59 PM 45100 Club Dr., Indian Wells. The Music Lounge at Vicky’s is flanked by dual fireplaces and centered with a 9-foot concert grand piano and built-in dance floor. Food and Cocktail Service at all times. No reservations. Open seating. No covers. Every Friday, The John Stanley King Show! | 8 PM to Midnight | No Cover. Kick it up on the floor or just listen in to…
TRILOGY AT LA QUINTA
- Veterans Day | November 10
- Paint, Sip, and Inspire | November 13
- Gina Carey | November 14
- Celebrate the Season | November 17
- Happy Hour Karaoke | November 28
- Dessert Contest | November 28
- Comedy Night | Sold Out | November 29
- Menorah Lighting | December 8
- Popovich Comedy Pet Theater | Sold Out | December 12
- Spark of Love | December 14
For information, Trilogy at La Quinta residents can visit MYTLQ.COM/Activities&Events;or go direct to Trilogy at La Quinta Santa Rosa Club, Information Desk.
Fantasy Springs Casino
- Golden Boy Boxing | 8
- J Balvin’s “Vibras Tour” | 9
- B.A.P. | 10
- Paula Abdul | 17
- Tony Orlando & Dawn: A Christmas Reunion | Dec 1
- Tony Bennett | Dec 7
- Paulina Rubio | Dec 15
- Brian Setzer Orchestra: Anniversary Christmas Rocks! Tour| Dec 15
Agua Caliente Casino
- Franco Escamilla | 16
- Johnny Mathis | 17
- Sue Rey & Chris Wong: Thanksgiving Concert | 22
- Taste of Tahiti | 24
- The Super Sako Show | 25
- Jose Feliciano | 6
- Penn & Teller | 7
- Human Nature Jukebox | 8
- The Price Is Right Live! | 14
- Barry Manilow | 12
- Pop Vinyl | 31
- Breakfast w/The Beatles – Hosted by Chris Charter| 4
- Cheech & Chong | 16
- Hon Young Ae Live In Concert |18
- DecemberSleigh ride Toy Run | 8
- Gabriel Iglesias | 14
- Lea DeLaria | 8
- Choreography Festival | 10, 11
- Three Pianos-Six Hands, One Performance | 14
- Rodney Crowell | 15
- Celtic Thunder | 16
- Bob Newhart | 17
- Best of Doo Wop | 18
- The Ten Tenors | 20-25
- Jake Shimabukuro | 27
- Jeanne Robertson | 30